Frontier Colorado Campfire Chicken Stew
Regular price $10.99
Colorado Campfire Chicken Stew is a blend of peas, carrots, potatoes and white beans with just the right seasoning for a soup as thick and rich as the inside of a chicken pot pie. Add chicken and you’ll see why this hearty gluten free stew is a top seller.
Nutrition: Clean Label, Nothing Artificial, No Added Salt, Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Vegan Friendly.
Cooktime: 60 Minutes
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Onion, chopped
- ¼ cup Flour (or 2 tbsp cornstarch for gluten free)
- 6 cups Chicken broth
- 2 - 3 cups Cooked chicken, cut up
- Freshly ground pepper
- Optional: 2 - 3 cups Leftover turkey meat, cut into 1/2 inch cubes may be substituted for chicken
- In a 4-quart pot melt butter and sauté onion 5 minutes.
- Add flour or cornstarch, stir continuously for 30 seconds to form paste.
- Stir in broth and bring to a simmer. Stir until thickened.
- Add contents of Colorado Campfire Chicken Stew Mix and chicken (or turkey).
- Bring to a simmer again, cover and cook 30 minutes.
Serve this thick-as-pot pie soup with biscuits on the side!
Soup will thicken if made ahead, may want to add 1 or 2 cups more broth when serving.
Navy Bean, Carrot, Potato, Onion, Pea, Celery, Bell Pepper, Thyme, Bay Leaf, Sage.